Saturday, September 3, 2011

moving along nicely!

Yesterday I didn't eat perfectly... apple in the morning as usual, but then I went to my friend's house all day.  Brought a chicken breast with me (left it there and don't care.  hate chicken now.) and could not bring myself to eat it.  Drank a lot of water, munched on a handful of grape tomatoes... that was it.  We took the kids to Portillo's (if you're not from the Greater Chicagoland Area, Portillo's is a chain of hotdog/hamburger/ribs/etc restaurants) and I had a grilled chicken sandwich, minus bread and mayo.  I'm sure the chicken wasn't actually cooked in fat but it was probably cooked on the same equipment as greasy hamburgers.  It was also probably about 4-5oz, not 3.5oz.  Came home around 8 and felt munchy so I had two grissini sticks.  That was all of my food for the day.

Found my bottle of ketostix from when I did Atkins and decided to test one out (coincidentally, the ketostix expire on the very last day of p2) just for the hell of it.  It was dark!  I was surprised, what with having eaten only grissini in the last few hours.  Thought it might be a fluke so I did it again this morning... darker.  Ketosis supposedly doesn't matter on this diet but I think it's a good sign that fat is being broken down.






so yeah... wasn't expecting to lose but was down .6 at 142.4!  huzzah!  130s here I come!






No comments:

Post a Comment