Monday, August 22, 2011

even if it's all a sham

I realize that not everyone who might read this knows about the hcg diet or dieting in general.  Because of inherent laziness and because of the sheer volume of documentation, I have not and probably will not get into much description of the diet, other than the day-to-day protocol.

I also realize that 500 calories a day sounds frighteningly low.  And it's easy to say "well, shit yeah, you'll lose weight eating 500 calories a day."  and it's easy to, having that thought, worry about muscle loss and other possible health problems.

I've read enough, and seen enough real life examples to be, myself, convinced that it works.  I am not concerned.

BUT.  If I'm wrong...

Here's something about "starvation mode"... when one is starving, their level of activity is automatically lowered and they require less calories.

Medicine and technology and all other science have the advantage of being multi-lifetime pursuits.  When one scientist dies, another goes on to continue working and advancing.  So we live in a highly advanced time.

Evolution is much slower.  Our bodies have not evolved as fast as science has advanced.  There have always been times of famine and times of plenty but in the Western world 2011, there is mostly just times of plenty.

What I'm saying is, I'm not going to kill myself, or even get sick from a month of famine; I'm adapted for it.  So even if the hcg is a complete placebo (and I do not remotely think it is), I'm going to be A-OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment