Friday, August 26, 2011

one tenth of the way there

I was sure that I wasn't going to lose anything this morning... I made mac and cheese for the family last night and I so, so wanted some, even though the exact same-tasting mac and cheese will be available for consumption in 3 months, I felt like this was the last box.  I got over my cravings, didn't even eat a noodle, but splurged on Truvia.  Truvia is not on protocol but I've been eating it (in small amounts!  I'm not that into sugar) every day with no problems so far.  Night before last, around dinner time, I only ate about 1/2 of my protein and didn't eat my fruit or vegetables but last night I ate everything available to me.  I'm pretty sure my fish was more than 100grams.

I even dipped my strawberries in Truvia.  I guess this isn't weird to people, because the logo for Truvia is a strawberry dipped in Truvia, but I have a thing about making sweet things sweeter: it's unnecessary and fucking gross.  Strawberries in sugar I guess isn't so bad since it's like dessert, but the things people do to sweet potatoes!  disgusting!

Also disgusting, I thought I was constipated because I hadn't gone at my normal time (should have been yesterday morning) so I drank some Smooth Move tea last night and that is probably some of my weight this morning.  That shit works, and a little too well.   I must not have been constipated because there was never anything hard and on the third toilet trip it was all water.  I've been drinking water to compensate.  I don't expect to lose as much, or any, tomorrow, but I say that everyday and have always been surprised.

One amazing thing, then I'll tell you my weight and you'll be done hearing about my bowels, when you do low carb you lose so much water weight and you feel all unbloated and ready to get into smaller jeans right away.  On this diet, I am losing but I still feel bloated and unwilling to try on smaller clothes.  Probably just the period.  When this stupid period goes away I should probably lose more water weight.



OK so today's weight: 146.2!  That's 1.6lbs down from yesterday and 5.8lbs over all!  We'll see how tomorrow goes- no tears if there isn't a loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment